Into the Heart of Portugal: Exploring the Lisbon Coast
June 14-20, 2020
· Visit the town of Sintra, known for its extravagant palaces, mansions, and hilltop castle
· Sail the Arrábida coastline and see dolphins in their natural habitat
· Explore stunning local beaches with turquoise water and golden sand
· Enjoy a tour of a famous winery and taste a variety of delicious local wines
· Visit a traditional Portuguese ceramic workshop and paint your own tile to take home with you
· Stroll the streets of Cascais, a traditional and charming Portuguese fishing town
· Relax and recharge with daily yoga and meditation classes
· Enjoy delicious meals cooked with fresh, seasonal, local ingredients
Our retreat venue is an 18th century Baroque manor house with 7 newly restored rooms and suites, all beautifully furnished with antiques and original art. The house is situated on a secluded hilltop surrounded by extensive gardens and over 40 hectares of ancient cork and pine forests, olive groves, and fields that provide tranquil and beautiful views. It’s the perfect place to relax and recharge, and is also conveniently located to visit the historic and cultural attractions of beautiful Lisbon, Azeitão, Cascais, Sintra and the stunning coastline and beaches of the Arrábida natural park.
In addition to the beautiful grounds, the house has a solar-heated saltwater swimming pool and a spa with a sauna and steam room, bathroom, bar area and massage room.
For the duration of our retreat, we will have exclusive use of the estate.
6 nights accommodation in our private estate - a majestic 18th century baroque manor house surrounded by acres of cork and pine forests and olive groves
All breakfasts and dinners prepared with local “farm to table” ingredients
Daily yoga and meditation
Day trips to the towns of Cascais and Sintra
Boat/dolphin watching tour along the Lisbon coastline
Visit to local winery and wine tastings
Visit to a local ceramic workshop
Access to a sauna, steam room and pool on the grounds
Transportation from central Lisbon to/from the retreat venue
Price does not include:
Airfare to/from Portugal
Additional wine or beverages during lunch and dinners
$2400 per person for a double occupancy room. Please inquire about single occupancy rates. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions.